- Dedicated chopping and baking stations-with so much time spent in the kitchen these days and recipes that involve chopping, rolling, and other maneuvers, a lower countertop is more ideal. That's why some home cooks are gravitating to dedicated chopping and baking stations that are often a continuation of a larger standard height island.
- Matte black finishes-Look out for Matte Black bathrooms as well as kitchens. This material really makes a statement and has a contemporary look and complements a variety of materials and styles.
- Increase in the use of Color in kitchens-Expect to see a rise in color for the kitchen, especially other neutrals like gray and blue.
- Antibacterial materials-Imagine a countertop that helps take care of that salmonella bacteria for you after preparing chicken for dinner. That's the idea behind CERSAIE in Italy. The process is called photocatalysis which uses a semiconductor in the surface to enhance a reaction to light, killing bacteria and breaking up pollutants.
- Some other popular trends are Wallpaper-like-tile, Dining Room tables in the kitchen, Glass insert for tub-shower, concrete accents, Bold colored sofas, and casual and calm modern bedrooms.