October is typically the time of year my friends and clients that are Florida Residents start to return home to Naples. If you want to take advantage of the many benefits of “Florida Residency,” you must make it your “primary” place of living.
Steps for Initiating Florida Residency:
- Obtain a Florida driver's license.
- Get car insurance in Florida.
- Register your car in Florida.
- Register to vote in Florida.
- File a Declaration of Domicile with the County Clerk of Courts.
- File Homestead Exemption.
- Focus your major affairs and relationships in Florida.
Florida is one of the most desirable retirement destinations in the country. Naples has white sand beaches, beautiful golf courses and world-class dining and shopping. Probably the greatest motivation for obtaining Florida residency is the range of tax advantages. Collier County/Naples has one of Florida’s lowest real estate tax rates and more importantly, it is 75 degrees here in February!
Some of the Benefits of becoming a Florida Resident:
- No state income tax.
- No state death tax or estate tax.
- Homestead Law State.
- Florida “Save our Home Act.”
- Tenancies by the Entirety.
Some of the Benefits of becoming a NAPLES Resident:
- Ten Miles of The Best Beaches.
- 5th Avenue and the Historic 3rd Street South District.
- Access to some of the Best Boating in the country.
- Safety and Low Crime Rate.
- Active/Fit/Healty community.
- Philanthropic City.
- Naples Pier.
- Great Fishing and Scuba Diving.
- Excellent Schools.
- World-Class Dining and Shopping.
- Incredible Sunsets.
- Weather Perfection (77 degrees on average)
- Nice People.
- Turquoise Gulf Water.
- More golf holes per capita than any other city.
- The Artis (The Philharmonic.)
- Art Galleries/Museums.
- Everglades National Park.
- Bike riding/Kayaking/Paddle Boarding.