If a move is on your horizon (for whatever reason), you’re in luck. Trulia’s Housing Economist Ralph McLaughlin compiled his list of 10 hot real estate markets to watch in 2016. Each city was examined for affordability and strong job growth, plus other factors including vacancy rates, to determine which areas are contenders for growth in the year ahead.
- Grand Rapids, MI-Job growth and affordable housing are just a few reasons people are moving here.
- Charleston, SC-Great "foodie" town and good job growth fuel this area.
- Austin, TX-Millennials are flocking to Austin for great food and a spectacular live music scene.
- Baton Rouge, LA-Other than LSU football tailgating Baton Rouge has ascended in the culinary and arts scene.
- San Antonio, TX-The Riverwalk and area attractions are some of the reasons millennials are moving here.
- Colorado Springs, CO-Enjoy the mountain air, outdoor activities, and live music are area attractions.
- Columbia, SC-fueled by 6 area colleges and affordable housing.
- Riverside-San Bernadino-Rich architecture and a Spanish Colonial revival are spurring the move.
- Las Vegas, NV-Besides the obvious Vegas has more than doubled the national average for job growth.
- Tacoma, WA-On the banks of the Puget Sound this city is rich in outdoor activities, and renowned art districts companies like Boeing and Costco are centered here.