- Five-star hotel: The Ritz-Carton, Naples
- Four-star hotel: The Inn on Fifth and Club Level Suites, Naples
- Four-star hotel: The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples
- Four-star restaurant: The Grill at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
- Four-star spa: The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Naples
Forbes Travel Guide, successor to the Mobil Travel Guide, evaluated more than 1,000 hospitality businesses on up to 800 services and property standards, sending inspectors anonymously to hotels, restaurants and spas around the globe.
This is The Inn on Fifth's inaugural star rating. Last year, it was a Forbes Travel Guide "recommended resort". The Ritz-Carlton, Naples beach resort, which turns 30 in December, now has earned the tip-top five-star rating on 25 occasions.
However, what separates a five-star resort, restaurant or spa from the rest isn't the facility or its technology, he said: "It's how dedicated the staff are to the service and the engagement of the guests who are there."