It's hard to believe it's approaching Thanksgiving and Christmas time again. I swear we just rang in the 2013 new year.
Having grown up in the Midwest, living in SW Florida has been quite an adjustment around the holidays. I was used to coats, sweaters and gloves around this time of year, all of which have been traded in for shorts, t-shirts and sunscreen. Trust me I'm not complaining, I am just fine with the change. It turns out I am not the only one either as we are seeing more and more people becoming full time residents or electing to be here during the holiday season.
It's actually an interesting and fun change to be in Florida for the holidays. Everyone is in good spirits, we too have shows like "The Nutcracker" and "Christmas Carol" in town, we pipe Christmas music throughout the malls and everything is decorated nicely with green and red. We even decorate our trees, albeit they're palms but still. It's different here but the trade offs (84 and sunny today to mention a couple) are many.
We have several events that take place annually in Naples to help us gear up and ring in the holidays as well. In fact this Monday, November 25th there is a popular local event that takes place in Olde Naples. From 6 to 9 pm the very popular 3rd Street shopping area kicks off the holidays with CHRISTMAS ON THIRD. It's a fantastic event with loads of people turning up to hear music, see the decorations and watch as our Mayor, John Sorey III lights the local Christmas tree. It's an exciting family event for children as the snow machines kick in to help simulate winter and Santa makes an appearance.
Gulf Coast International Properties, located at the NW corner of Broad and 3rd Street will be open - Stop in for a local map or list of what's available for sale in the area.
NAPLES BEACH AREA SALES ACTIVITY THROUGH 11/22/13
ALL OF NAPLES:
- 4,595 Active, 888 Pending with Contingencies, 814 Pending, 8,689 Closed
- 4,507 Active, 885 Pending with Contingencies, 800 Pending, 8,527 Closed
- 113 Active, 7 Pending w/, 9 Pending, 139 Closed
- 113 Active, 9 Pending w/, 7 Pending, 139 Closed
- 188 Active, 19 Pending Contingent, 8 Pending, 347 Closed
- 189 Active, 13 Pending Contingent, 12 Pending, 343 Closed
PARK SHORE, MOORINGS AND COQUINA:
- 362 Active, 36 Pending w/, 30 Pending, 533 Closed
- 357 Active, 41 Pending w/, 26 Pending, 522 Closed
- 139 Active, 18 Pending w/, 17 Pending, 232 Closed
- 137 Active, 12 Pending w/, 19 Pending, 222 Closed
- 24 Active, 1 Pending w/, 1 Pending, 17 Closed
- 24 Active, 1 Pending w/, 0 Pending, 17 Closed
PORT ROYAL AREA:
- 49 Active, 3 Pending w/, 1 Pending, 32 Closed
- 49 Active, 2 Pending w/, 0 Pending, 32 Closed
ROYAL HARBOR AREA:
- 104 Active, 21 Pending w/, 5 Pending, 132 Closed
- 105 Active, 21 Pending w/, 3 Pending, 130 Closed
Scott Pearson GRI, CRS