Halloween is only a few weeks away and there is plenty to do between now and October 31st. I have a 10 year old child and I have relived my trick-or-treating days in Lexington, Kentucky through him. Every year we have met up with friends for a pre party and then hit the streets of Old Naples. There are hundreds of children on the streets with parents in tow. Below is a list of festive activities going on in Naples provided by Neapolotin Family:
Pumpkin Patches around town
- NORTH NAPLES UNITED METHODIST CHURCH • 6000 GOODLETTE ROAD N., Naples, FL 34109, (239) 593-7600, www.NNUMC.org Pumpkin Patch will be held at the church from October 11 – October 31 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekends. There will be pumpkins, gourds and Indian Corn for sale.
- ST. MONICA'S CHURCH • 7070 Immokalee Road, Naples, FL 34119, (239) 591-4550, www.stmonicasnaples.org St. Monica’s Pumpkin Patch begins October 12 and runs through October 31. The pumpkin patch is open Monday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Sundays, 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m
- UNCLE AL’S PUMPKIN PATCH • Gulf Coast Town Center (next to Dick’s sporting goods), 9903 Gulf Coast Main St, Fort Myers, FL 33913, (239) 229-6582 A huge variety of pumpkins (including one specially grown for “Uncle Al” that lasts longer in Florida’s humidity and heat). Bounce house, games, photo area and special activities daily from October 16 through October 31 from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily.
- FALL FESTIVAL AT FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH • 250 6th St S., Naples, FL 34102, (239) 262-1311 A Fall Festival will be held on October 29 from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. with hot dogs, popcorn, bounce houses, balloons, pony rides, games and more. Silent auction and fundraiser for preschool will also be at event. The public is welcome.
- FALL FESTIVAL AT ST. ELIZABETH SETON CHURCH • 2730 53rd Terrace SW, Naples, FL 34116, 239-455-2262, www.saintelizabethseton.com Kids of all ages will enjoy carnival rides, games and food booths at this year’s St. Elizabeth Seton Festival. Festival held on November 5th & 6th 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.; November 7th 6:00 p.m. – Midnight; November 8th 1:00 p.m. – Midnight; November 9th 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- FALL FESTIVAL AT UNITED METHODIST CHURCH • 2701 AIRPORT ROAD, Naples, FL 34112, (239) 774-4696, www.enaples.org A free Fall Festival will be held on on Saturday, Oct. 25 from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the church’s fellowship hall. The event is open to the public and will include carnival games, candy, refreshments and costume contest. All ages welcome.
- PUMPKIN FEST AT ST. MONICA'S CHURCH • 7070 Immokalee Road, Naples, FL 34119, (239) 591-4550, www.stmonicasnaples.org St. Monica’s Pumpkin Fest will be held on Saturday, October 25, from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. The public is invited to participate in games, stories, crafts, pony rides, bake sale and much more.
Haunted houses and halloween events
- BOO AT THE ZOO AT THE NAPLES ZOO • 1590 Goodlette-Frank Road, Naples, FL, 34102, (239) 262-5409 On Saturday, October 18, kids up to age 12 can have a wildly good time celebrating Halloween during BOO at the ZOO - a merry, not scary day at Naples Zoo. With regular paid admission or zoo membership, kids can trick-or-treat from 3 to 9 p.m., join in a fun kids costume contest, and watch animals having a good time “carving” pumpkins and other holiday treats with tooth, hoof and claw.
- EVERGLADES WONDER GARDENS • 27180 Old 41 Road, Bonita Springs, FLORIDA 34135, (239) 992-2591, evergladeswondergardens.com Everglades Wonder Gardens in Bonita Springs celebrates “Ghosts in the Garden” on Nov. 1 with a daytime event for families and a nighttime event for adults only. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., kids are invited to come in costume and enjoy trick or treating stations, pumpkin painting, photo opportunities, games and other surprises, all free with regular admission. From 5 to 9 p.m., adults can celebrate the holiday in costume with food, beer, wine, dancing to a dee-jay, door prizes, raffles and silent auction. Tickets for the evening event are $40 and may be purchased at the door. Proceeds will be used to update the bird exhibits at the Wonder Gardens.
- FALL FESTIVAL HALLOWEEN PARTY AT NAPLES REGIONAL LIBRARY • 650 Central Avenue, Naples, FL. 239-262-6853, public.collier-lib.org Join us for a h-o-w-l-i-n-g good time on October 27 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Play games, make spooky treats,and march across our stage in the costume parade. All ages welcome.
- FAMILY HALLOWEEN DANCE PARTY AT VINEYARDS COMMUNITY PARK • 6231 Arbor Rd, Naples, Fl, 239-363-9669, colliergov.net Come in costume on October 17 from 7:00-9:00 p.m. for a fun family evening. A disc jockey will spin your favorite tunes so you can dance till the moon is high. Party will also include snacks, drinks, a candy corn guess, a mummy wrap relay and more. Drawing for prizes at the end of the night. $20 per family.
- FAMILY HALLOWEEN DANCE PARTY at Golden Gate Community Center, 4701 Golden Gate PkwyNaples, Fl, 239-252-4180 The entire family will enjoy the spooky haunted walk. Plus, there will be crafts, activities, candy, food and more at the Family Halloween Party on October 24 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tickets will go on sale October 1 for $3 per person. Families will also be able to register after Oct. 1st to get a free pumpkin for the pumpkin decorating contest. Pumpkins are limited so register soon (limited to 1 pumpkin per family).
- HALLOWEEN SPOOKTACULAR on FIFTH AVENUE SOUTH • Fifth Avenue South Business District, Naples, Florida 34119, (239) 692-8436, www.fifthavenuesouth.com The annual Halloween Spooktacular will be held on October 31 from 4:00 to 9:00 p.m. There will be live music, kids’ activities, trick or treat and the fabulous Pucci and Catana pet costume contest, Night at the Museum–a haunted house at the von Liebig Art Center, Shamrock Bank Kid’s Costume Contest and an adult costume contest. You will also be able to deck your pets out in their finest Halloween garb to participate in the Strut Your Mutt Costume Contest– a fundraiser for the Collier County Humane Society.
- HAUNTED GROSS HOUSE AT THE COLLIER COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS • 751 39th Ave NE, Naples, FL 34120, (239) 455-1444 On October 24, Naples largest Haunted House will open at the Collier County Fairgrounds. For five days guests will dare to enter the 14,000 Square Foot Haunted House. The house features over 14 rooms of terror that will keep guest screaming and reaching for help as they try to avoid haunted characters. The Haunted House will lead guest through unique rooms including collapsible ceilings, haunted attics, black light rooms, clown scenes and a graveyard finale. Admission to the Haunted House is $15 for all ages. Gates open daily at 7:00 p.m. and close at 11:00 p.m. Proceeds raised for the event will benefit the Life’s Not Fair Foundation.
- MONSTER MASH VENETIAN VILLAGE • 4200 Gulf Shore Blvd, Naples, Fl, www.venetianvillage.com Come to Venetian Village on October 25 from 1:00-4:00 p.m. for a frightfully good time with face painting, pumpkin decorating, arts and crafts, balloon artist, complimentary photos with a spooky Halloween backdrop and much more. Meet the wild animals from Kowiachobee Animal Preserve and stop by participating merchants for sweet treats.