If your home is for sale or you are considering listing your home here are 5 ways, amongst many, to help maximize your sales prices.
- Get a home inspection - Don’t wait for the buyer to request a home inspection after you’re under contract. Hire an inspector before you list your home to find out about any problems. Many hidden problems can lead to serious damage, which will result in a lower price for your home. Hidden water leaks, pest infestations, and electrical problems should all be checked out and dealt with before you put your home on the market.
- Paint the Walls - It sounds too good to be true, but adding a new coat of paint to the walls of your home can enhance the value. Paint makes a room feel fresh and new, and buyers are willing to pay more for real estate that doesn’t require any work.
- Improve Energy Efficiency - Buyers like the idea of saving money over the long term, so they will pay more for a house that is energy efficient. You can find ways to do this regardless of your budget. Install new appliances that require less energy to run.
- Work on The Curb Appeal - Landscaping can improve your home’s value. This is another area where you can make changes regardless of your budget. Start with trimming overgrown bushes and trees. Clean up your lawn and re-sod any patchy areas. Add interest by planting flowers, shrubs, and other greenery.
- Update the Bathrooms and Kitchen - It’s often been said that the kitchen sells a home. A bathroom is also a high priority for most buyers who expect an updated space. Whether you can afford to do a major remodel or only have the budget for a few small changes, these two areas are where you should place your focus